After our successful Online Forum on Research Careers & Policy last year, we are delighted to announce our second Irish RSA Online Forum on Research Careers , which will include presentations from key speakers and panel discussions. The Forum will be organised as a virtual event via Zoom.
We intend to facilitate a discussion on sustainable careers for researchers, with a focus on mobility, gender equality, open science by bringing together a number of key experts and stakeholders in research careers, both on national and international level.
Our target audience are researchers, higher education institutions, decision-makers in the public service and other relevant stakeholders.
Register via EVENTBRITE!
• Arjumand Younus – Co-Director of Women in Research Ireland WIRI
• Joseph Twist – University College Dublin / EDI Officer
• Gareth O’Neill – Principal Consultant on Open Science at Technopolis Group
• Slaven Misljencevic – EC / RESAVER pension fund
• Joan Donegan – Former General Secretary of IFUT (Irish Federation of University Teachers)
• Joanne Kenney – Assistant Professor at Dublin City University
• Máire Brophy – Dean of Graduate Studies and Research (SALI) at Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
• Tara Hughes – Research Careers Manager at University College Dublin
AGENDA (in IST):
- 2.00 – 2.10pm: Welcome & opening speech (IrishRSA)
- 2.10 – 2.40pm: Presentations on research careers & mobility and open science
- 2.40 – 3.20pm: Panel discussion and Q&A
- 3.20 – 3.40pm: Coffee break
- 3.40 – 4.10pm: Presentations on research careers & gender equality and EDI
- 4.10 – 4.50pm: Panel discussion and Q&A
- 4.50 – 5.00pm: Closing remarks (Joan Donegan)